Launching new product, or a website/blog and want to reach your audience immediately, than Email marketing is the best tool to launch your product. A well defined Email marketing campaign strategy can take your marketing to next level. In this post we’ll tell you exactly how you can use email marketing and its benefits.
To start immediately, you can choose any of the marketing plans below, or continue reading on benefits and how to start.
By using email marketing, you can reach a lot of audience organically and use the same client base to do re-marketing campaigns. By selling different products to the same group and widen your product base.
Some of the emails that you can send out to reach your customers –
- New product launch emails – Send details and offers on early bird buyers with discounts on your new products.
- Affiliate Marketing – Send product marketing emails from affiliate marketing networks to generate revenue.
- Deals & Offers – Send latest deals and discount coupons to existing and new clients.
- Welcome Emails – Send welcome emails to new customers with product guides and discount coupons for future use.
- Customer Retention – Retain outgoing customers by sending them last minute deals and offers to get them back onboard.
How to start email marketing
It is pretty simple straightforward service, that you can purchase from market. Iwebslog provides in-house email marketing plans that can be integrated with your website and run smooth marketing campaigns. To start with email marketing, follow the below steps –
Create a Website
Before setting up your website use our domain name finder and register a domain name for your business. Refer to – How to choose a domain name to select the keywords for your domain name.
You can refer to our post on how to create a website here. For beginners, who want to start their website and still confused about how to proceed, we will tell you what all web hosting options do you have and how to choose the right website hosting for your website.
If you don’t know how to do coding or technical server management stuff, then you can also go with drag and drop website builder application and create your website from scratch in 30 minutes.
Add a Email Capture Box / Subscribe now
Start capturing the emails from users coming to your site. Create signup form on your website a prominent location. If you are using Iwebslog Email marketing, then just follow the steps here and for others, simply use inbuilt forms (or form scripts that needs to be copy-paste on website) given by few services like below –
- Feedburner – FeedBurner is a web feed management provider launched in 2004. It provides custom RSS feeds and management tools for bloggers, podcasters, and other web-based content publishers. Google acquired FeedBurner in 2007.
- Feedity – Feedity “automagically” extracts relevant content & data from public webpages to create auto-updating RSS feeds. Instantly convert online news, articles, discussion forums, reviews, jobs, events, products, blogs, press releases, social media posts, or any other Web content into subscribable or publishable notifications.
- IFTTT – IFTTT is the free way to get all your apps and devices talking to each other. If This Then That, also known as IFTTT, is a freeware web-based service that creates chains of simple conditional statements, called applets. An applet is triggered by changes that occur within other web services such as Gmail, Facebook, Telegram, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- Jetpack – Schedule social media promotion of your newest posts, pages, and products before they’re published. Keep visitors interested with automatic links to your related content, and monitor stats and notifications on the go with the WordPress mobile app.
- Nourish – Nourish is a FREE newsletter service that allows you to convert any RSS feed into an automated email newsletter your readers can subscribe to.
If you are using WordPress or any other blog platform that can generate RSS feeds, than you can also use plenty of free resources that can deliver your blog content daily to all your readers. We have discussed blogging platforms in detail on our blog. Some of the blogging platforms are –
If you want to run a fully featured blog and CMS based website without the need of installing any software or hardware installation then you can also opt for our Managed WordPress plans.
For a user to signup on your website their should be some value for him. Many websites generally provide free books, something valuable in return of email like webinars, free workshops, case studies etc.
SEO Optimize your website
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving internal and external aspects of a website, or Web page, to increase its organic visibility for search engines. SEO involves editing the website’s HTML code and content to make it more search engine friendly, and then promoting the site to increase its relevance on the Web.
Once search engines are alerted to your website’s presence, they scan the code and content of your site and index the information. Search engines analyze the website content to determine when and where your website displays on a search-engine result page.
The page content (text displaying on a Web page) should be inviting, comprehensive, and — within reasonable limits — contain as many of the site’s keywords as possible.
Some search engines, including Google®, pay particular attention to the number of websites linking to your website when determining the importance and ranking of your site. These external links are called back links.
The goal of SEO is to land your website in the top few pages of search results page. This is not easy. It takes a lot of time and constant tweaking to increase your search engine rankings.
Once traffic starts building up on your website and you are getting emails ready on your mailing list, you can start sending customized email campaigns. try to give something valuable to the customer in emails, to increase open rate. This will help you in building up good relations with users and they will trust you and your products. Trust is very important before any customer buy anything from you.
Email Marketing Strategy
Email is a very cost effective way of reaching out to your customer and generate leads that will convert into sales. Consider these questions before moving on to your strategy:
- Who’s your target audience and their demographic profile?
- What are the marketing segments?
- What are your competitors doing?
- What does your lead pipeline look like?
- How does your product/service provide value?
- What are your KPIs?
- What is your budget?
There are several ways to design a email marketing campaign:
Create targeted and personalized content
Make customer segments like based on Age group, Location, Interests, profession, etc depending upon your website.
- For a fashion brand, you would like to know the gender and age group of the user.
- Learning System – You would like to segment users based on interest areas, professions, job profile
- Electronics – Segments based on income level, location,
- Luxury Goods – Income level, Location, Interests
Based on these segments, you can draft different emails targeted to different groups of people that will generate more focused marketing leads. This will personalize the email content for the user.
Use perfect email subject lines that will resonate with user preferences and make him to click on the email to read it and take action.
These will help you more to engage the audience and generate sale revenue for your business. This is a long process and requires you to build trust with the customer. With trust you can build your user base more effectively when these customers refer your products.
Build brand credibility and trust with customer
Do not send too many emails to users. This will distract them and encourage them to unsubscribe you. Send targeted emails that too may be twice a week. Use permission based email signup box where the users are aware that they are going to receive the emails twice or thrice a week with all the latest updates and offers.
The email should be a valuable resource on your business and users should be eagerly waiting for this email update. It should not give the feeling of spam content otherwise it will simply go to trash.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Few benefits of email marketing are :
- Easy to Implement – Just a form on website to collect email ids.
- Cost-effective marketing tool.
- Emails can be customized as per the user segments.
- Easily boost sales and revenue
- Can help in increasing traffic to the website.
- Can save lot of time in marketing.
- Builds trust and credibility.
- Helps in building relationships with the customer.
- Can provide valuable insights into the customer behavior. You can calculate open rates, which emails or product are clicked more, which user segment is more engaged
- Can reach global audience.
- Helps in creating brand image and regular touch point with user.
Apart from email marketing, you can also explore marketing on Facebook,, Pinterest, Mixx, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Tumblr, Digg, Slashdot etc. Coupled with an effective SEO strategy, Email Marketing and Social Media campaigns you can drive huge traffic and build brand reputation with the customer.
See below the “The Surprising Truth About Email Marketing” by Neil Patel.
Mastering Content Marketing – Top 3 Email Marketing Tips