Register New Domain
Free Tools with Domains
The domain name is based on the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code TW. The registry is maintained by TWNIC. Registrations are accepted by commercial registrars. Neulevel has entered into a partnership with TWNIC to market the tw outside Taiwan.
The .tw country code top-level domain name (ccTLD) is an extension that represets Taiwan. For companies that conduct business in Taiwan and individuals who want to reach the growing number of Internet users there, .tw domain names are a good investment. Registering a .tw domain name gives you regional recognition and an easy-to-manage Web presence.
ICANN assigned two internationalized domain names (IDN) for Taiwan on June 25, 2010:
- taiwan in traditional Chinese characters (DNS name: xn--kpry57d)
- taiwan in simplified Chinese characters (DNS name: xn--kprw13d)
No registrations under these domain have been conducted as of August 2010.
Registrations under tw are possible in second-level space or under various domains as third-level domains:
- edu.tw: for educational and academic institutions
- gov.tw: for ROC government agencies, operated by Taiwan
- mil.tw: for the ROC Armed Forces, operated by Taiwan
- com.tw: for companies or firms (Taiwanese or foreign) registered under the laws of their country
- net.tw: for network or telecommunications license holders
- org.tw: for non-profit organizations (Taiwanese or foreign) established according to the laws of their country
- idv.tw: for individuals (must verify their identity by e-mail)
- game.tw: unrestricted (but registrant must verify their identity by email)
- ebiz.tw: unrestricted (but registrant must verify their identity by email)
- club.tw: unrestricted (but registrant must verify their identity by email)
- tw: unrestricted
Domain names in Chinese characters may also be registered at the second level. Furthermore, any registrant of a standard domain name who has chosen a domestic registrar may automatically get two more domain names in Chinese characters in second-level domains. These second-level domains correspond to net.tw, org.tw and com.tw, respectively.
What's a Domain Name?
Want a website? Personalized email? How about an easy, affordable way to promote your business, class reunion or favorite hobby? A unique, memorable dot com domain name is the first step to doing all this and more. It's your 'address' on the World Wide Web, and along with your website, serves as your 'online identity,' reflecting your purpose and personality. Friends, family, customers - anyone in the world with Internet access - can type your domain name into their Web browser and visit your website.
NEW! ccTLDs mean domain opportunities for you and the great Iwebslog experience for customers worldwide!
Whether you're a global company looking for a local presence, or an individual looking for fresh additions to your domain portfolio, look to Iwebslog. You can count on Iwebslog to bring the same great service to these new country codes as we do to our current line up. These TLDs are available to virtually anyone*, so step right up and register while great names are still available!
Expand your business across the globe.
You don't need to speak the language to connect with customers in a different country. A country code Top-Level Domain (ccTLD) lets you promote your business directly to the residents of a specific country — plus, it helps prevent competitors and copycats from infringing on your brand.