Register New Domain
Free Tools with Domains
If you want your website, blog or store to stand out, get .IN. Whether you're marketing to customers in India or need a fun URL to promote a new product, an .IN domain is the perfect choice.
- Connect with millions of active Internet users in India and be ready for the millions of new Internet users predicted to go online in the coming years.
- Expand your global presence with a domain that's specific to India. Perfect for creating a targeted site or regional identity.
- Protect your brand from competitors who might wish to take advantage of the name recognition generated by your popular .COM.
- Create a blog or podcast to showcase the hottest trends in music, movies, fashion, and more — all the hot topics the "in crowd" can't stop talking about.
About .IN Domain
.in is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for India. The domain is operated by INRegistry under the authority of NIXI, the National Internet Exchange of India. INRegistry was appointed by the government of India.
As of 2005, liberalised policies for the .in domain allow unlimited second-level registrations under .in. Unlimited registrations under the previously structured existing zones are also allowed:
- .in (available to anyone; used by companies, individuals, and organizations in India)
- .co.in (originally for banks, registered companies, and trademarks)
- .firm.in (originally for shops, partnerships, liaison offices, sole proprietorships)
- .net.in (originally for Internet service providers)
- .org.in (originally for non-profit organizations)
- .gen.in (originally for general/miscellaneous use)
- .ind.in (originally for individuals)
Six zones are reserved for use by qualified organizations in India:
- .ac.in (Academic institutions)
- .edu.in (Educational institutions)
- .res.in (Indian research institutes)
- .ernet.in (Older, for both educational and research institutes)
- .gov.in (Indian government)
- .mil.in (Indian military)
The domain .nic.in is reserved for India's National Informatics Centre, but in practice most Indian government agencies have domains ending in .nic.in.
What's a Domain Name?
Want a website? Personalized email? How about an easy, affordable way to promote your business, class reunion or favorite hobby? A unique, memorable dot com domain name is the first step to doing all this and more. It's your 'address' on the World Wide Web, and along with your website, serves as your 'online identity,' reflecting your purpose and personality. Friends, family, customers - anyone in the world with Internet access - can type your domain name into their Web browser and visit your website.
NEW! ccTLDs mean domain opportunities for you and the great Iwebslog experience for customers worldwide!
Whether you're a global company looking for a local presence, or an individual looking for fresh additions to your domain portfolio, look to Iwebslog. You can count on Iwebslog to bring the same great service to these new country codes as we do to our current line up. These TLDs are available to virtually anyone*, so step right up and register while great names are still available!
Expand your business across the globe.
You don't need to speak the language to connect with customers in a different country. A country code Top-Level Domain (ccTLD) lets you promote your business directly to the residents of a specific country — plus, it helps prevent competitors and copycats from infringing on your brand.