Register New Domain
Free Tools with Domains
If you build a large online presence and brand recognition using your domain name, others can piggyback off of your success by registering close variations of the name, such as the .net, .org, or .me versions. This can confuse your site's visitors and even reduce your visitor traffic.
The Domain Bundle feature helps you protect your hard-earned online presence by identifying close variations of your existing domain name and helping you register them before others do.
To Purchase a Domain Bundle
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Select an existing domain name.
- Click Upgrade.
- Click Bundle, and then select one of the Bundle options:
- --Standard — Click Add to place the selected domain names into the shopping cart.
- --Deluxe — Click Add, and then select one of the following for the free privacy registration included in this option:
- ----Create a new account — If you do not have an account, Domains By Proxy® creates an account for you and sends the user name and password to you in an email after the account is created. Please retain this information for future reference.
- ----Use an existing account — If you already have an account with Domains By Proxy, enter your user name and password for the account.
- --Custom — click Add, and then select the desired domain names.
Hint: Placing your mouse over each option displays the domain names included in the Bundle option.
Click Checkout, and then continue through the checkout process.
Registering .xxx Domain Names
The .xxx top-level domain name (TLD) provides an easily identifiable extension for the adult entertainment industry, its consumers, and those who want to avoid it.
These domain names can be three to 63 characters in length. They can contain English-language letters A through Z, digits 0 through 9, and hyphens (except at the beginning, end, or in both the third and fourth position of the domain name). Internationalized domain names (IDNs), spaces, and special characters (such as !, $, and &) are not allowed.
You can also visit the ICM Registry's Launch page and Launch Plan and Related Policies PDF.
NOTE: On Feb. 14 at 9 a.m. (Arizona time), we released all .xxx domain names with failed Sunrise applications into a general pool. Those domain names are now available for registration on a first-come, first-served basis.
To Register .xxx Domain Names
- On our Home page, in the Domain Name Search field, enter the domain name.
- Select .xxx from the list.
- Click Go, and then proceed through the screens to complete your purchase.
If we are unable to secure your .xxx domain name, we will refund your domain name registration.
You must complete the ICM Registry's free membership application process before your domain names can resolve to the internet. When you purchase a .xxx domain name, the registry emails you within 24 hours and provides information on completing this process. The registry might request additional documentation to validate the membership. After the registry validates the membership, you must submit your membership credentials (ID) to us. For more information on associating your membership ID with your .xxx domain name, see Managing Your .xxx Membership ID.
Once you have a membership ID, you can use it for all .xxx domain names you register. You do not need a separate membership ID for each .xxx domain name.
NOTE: Log in to the ICM Registry website as a member to recover your lost or forgotten membership ID.
Non-Members (Defensive Registrations)
Applicants outside the sponsored adult entertainment community can purchase defensive registrations to block domain names from becoming .xxx domain names on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants with defensive registrations must pay to register the domain names but are not required to complete the ICM Registry's membership application process. Instead, the registry places those domain names on non-resolving nameservers.
Registering Domain Names
Registering a domain name builds your credibility on the Internet. Use domain names to support your business and assist in creating a dynamic online presence. Your domain name establishes your online identity and increases branding, marketing and communication opportunities. Register multiple domain names to:
- Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers away from you.
- Promote the products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to — and be listed on — search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies to reach different target markets.
- Provide customers more ways to find you on the Internet.
- Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Protect your brand and online identity from unsavory parties.
To get started, check to see if the domain name you want is available. If available, register the domain name for a period of time you specify during the checkout process.
Checking a Domain Name's Availability
- Go to our Home Page.
- In the Domain Name Search field, enter the domain name you want to register, and then select the domain name extension from the list.
- Click GO.
If the domain name you requested is already registered, we provide available alternatives. For example, you might be able to select a .info or .ws domain extension, rather than .com. Or you could register www.coolexample.info instead of www.coolexample.com.
If the domain name is available, follow the instructions to complete the checkout process. Be sure to include valid contact information for each contact. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the governing body for domain names, requires valid contact information (registrant, technical, billing, and administrative). If you enter false information, your domain name can be canceled.
Your contact information is public and accessible through the Whois database at most registrars. However, you can protect your privacy by registering your domain name with us using our private domain name registration services.
When you purchase a private domain name registration through our affiliate company, Domains By Proxy® (DBP), the Whois database lists DBP's name, postal address, and phone number — instead of your personal contact information.
Registering Cyrillic .org IDNs
The Public Interest Registry (PIR), the registry that operates the .org domain name extension, is offering Cyrillic Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) starting Feb. 19, 2011 (19:00 UTC). Anyone can register a Cyrillic .org IDN on a first-come, first-served basis.
About Cyrillic .org IDNs
IDNs are domain names that include non-ASCII characters. You can get more information about them here.
You can register Cyrillic .org IDNs for the following languages:
Bosnian Bulgarian Belarusian Macedonian
Russian Serbian Ukranian
Your Cyrillic .org IDN:
- Must contain at lease three Cyrillic characters
- Can consist of Cyrillic characters, numbers (0-9), or hyphens (-)
- Consist of 63 or fewer characters
In the Whois database, Cyrillic .org IDNs display in Punycode. For more information, see What is an Internationalized Domain Name (IDN)?
For more information about Cyrillic .org IDNs, visit the PIR website's IDN Questions page.
To Register Cyrillic .org IDNs
- From the Domain Names menu on our Home page, select Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
- From the Choose Registration Type menu, select New Registration or Transfer Registration.
- In the Enter a domain name field, enter the domain name you want to register, and then select .org.
- From the Choose Language menu, select the Cyrillic language you want to use.
- Click Search.
- If your domain name is available, click Proceed to Checkout to complete your purchase.
Want a website? Personalized email? How about an easy, affordable way to promote your business, class reunion or favorite hobby? A unique, memorable dot com domain name is the first step to doing all this and more. It's your 'address' on the World Wide Web, and along with your website, serves as your 'online identity,' reflecting your purpose and personality. Friends, family, customers - anyone in the world with Internet access - can type your domain name into their Web browser and visit your website.
NEW! ccTLDs mean domain opportunities for you and the great Iwebslog experience for customers worldwide!
Whether you're a global company looking for a local presence, or an individual looking for fresh additions to your domain portfolio, look to Iwebslog. You can count on Iwebslog to bring the same great service to these new country codes as we do to our current line up. These TLDs are available to virtually anyone*, so step right up and register while great names are still available!
Expand your business across the globe.
You don't need to speak the language to connect with customers in a different country. A country code Top-Level Domain (ccTLD) lets you promote your business directly to the residents of a specific country — plus, it helps prevent competitors and copycats from infringing on your brand.