Become an Expert Domainer. Back-Order Domains. Monitor & Review Domain Changes. Review & Register Expiring Domains with Value.
Domain Alert & back-order
Domain Back-orders is a service that helps you attempt to acquire a domain name when it becomes available for registration. It includes a Domain Monitoring membership and one year of domain name registration.
Placing a back-order does not guarantee that you will acquire the domain name. The current registrant might renew the domain name, or we might be unsuccessful in our attempt to register it for you.
This process is in place to provide each of our customers an equal opportunity to acquire domain names.
The Back-order Process
- You backorder a domain name — You can attempt to purchase a backorder for a domain name before it expires. Only one customer may place a backorder on a domain name. For instructions on placing a back-order, see Setting up Domain Backorders.
- You monitor the domain name — With your free Domain Monitoring membership, you can monitor your backordered domain name and receive email notifications within 24 hours of any changes in registrar, status, expiration date, or nameservers.
- We attempt to capture the domain name — We attempt to register the domain name before the release time, and we continue to make attempts until we or another registrar captures it.
- If we capture the domain name — We award the domain name to you. We process a change of registrant and move the domain name into your account within 45 days. Your domain name is registered with us for one year from the time it enters your account.
- If we don’t capture the domain name — We email you that the backorder was unsuccessful. You can apply your back-order credit to another domain name. There is no time limit for back-order reassignment, and the product does not expire. See Changing a Backorder to a Different Domain Name.